Allegedly, Steven Moffat will be tying up all the loose ends from Matt Smith’s era in The Time of the Doctor. Now it occurs to me that as big a feat as that is I will probably still have other questions. So here, in no particular order, are a list of some questions that I’d like to ask Moffat. Most of which I suspect will not be answered on Christmas day.
- How did Prisoner Zero escape through the crack when the cracks deleted people from ever having existed?
- If the Doctor rebooted the universe, why did everything that happened in the old universe happen in the new?
- What happened to the Angel that zapped the Ponds?
- Are UNIT and the Zygons still locked in the Black Archive negotiating?
- Why create the War Doctor instead of just using McGann?
- Were you tempted to name the Gallifreyan General Maxell and have Colin Baker play him?
- Why not have surviving Doctors supply new dialog instead of using recognizable bits from past episodes? (After all he did have 1st Doctor dialogue dubbed by a voice artist.)
- Why not have McGann film a new bit instead of using TV Movie footage? (He could have done it while filming the minisode.)
- Who was the girl in the shop who gave Clara the Doctor’s phone number?
- If Jack’s Vortex Manipulator was disabled by the sonic, where did he get the one he left to UNIT that only needed the code entered?
- Come to that, What happened to River’s Vortex Manipulator?
- Who blew up the TARDIS?
There are so very many more, which is funny because I used to just watch Who and enjoy it. Of course that was before I started writing. Now I have questions that will never be answered, from Davies as well as Moffat, and I guess I shall have to learn to live with that.